Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Temptation by Alisa Valdes

The Temptation
Kindred 1

Author: Alisa Valdes
Pages: 304 pgs
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Release Date: April 24th 2012
Review Source: Harper Teen

I will say right off the bat that I was definitely surprised by this story. The summary sounded interesting and I knew that I wanted to check it out, but once I started reading it I was completely sucked in.

Ending up in a dangerous crash on an empty highway leaves Shane in pretty dire circumstances. At least until Travis, a beautiful cowboy, comes to her rescue out of nowhere.

Shane's attraction and connection to Travis are immediate and strong, even after she learns that he's actually dead. But the rules he has to follow could ultimately keep them apart. The only hope for more is that they are kindred's, but neither is willing to risk the other. And with a threat looming on the horizon will they be able to resist the temptation.

From the very beginning I was intrigued to find out what was going on. Alisa takes her readers on a pretty intense and heart wrenching journey and I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat during certain parts. A little romance, a little supernatural, a little bit of everything for the readers.

A bit of a change of pace, the male lead in this book is a swoony cowboy. That's not normally something I go for or read about, but it really worked for this story. Travis was sweet and caring and strong. I really wanted to learn more about him and hope that we get to in the other books.

I'm so glad that I got the chance to read this book and am looking forward to more from this author (including the movie based on this book and the rest of this trilogy). If only we didn't have to wait so long for more.

For more from this author you can check out her website http://www.alisavaldesrodriguez.com/.

This meets the following challenges: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails