Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Finds and New Reads

Friday Finds and New Reads
I know that I'm always looking for new books to read, but sometimes I don't really know where to look. So I thought it would be fun to post different books that really caught my attention and what new books I'm reading or am waiting on.

First this week is Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs:
 Summary: Tempest Maguire wants nothing more than to surf the killer waves near her California home; continue her steady relationship with her boyfriend, Mark; and take care of her brothers and surfer dad. But Tempest is half mermaid, and as her seventeenth birthday approaches, she will have to decide whether to remain on land or give herself to the ocean like her mother. The pull of the water becomes as insistent as her attraction to Kai, a gorgeous surfer whose uncanny abilities hint at an otherworldly identity as well. And when Tempest does finally give in to the water's temptation and enters a fantastical underwater world, she finds that a larger destiny awaits her—and that the entire ocean's future hangs in the balance.

I've found that I really like this types of stories... if they are done well. The cover and description of this story caught my attention right away. And I have a feeling that it's going to take me completely by surprise.
Next there's Forsaken Harbor by Laura Kreitzer:


Summary: The Secret Clock Society has infiltrated every aspect of the government. You can’t hide from them, you can’t out run them—the only choice is to surrender or die fighting. Well, Summer’s found her voice and her confidence. She’ll fight if necessary, but for now she’s on the run. And the only place that can offer her refuge is the one city that’s been devastated with disease and death. Full of savages, Forsaken Harbor holds her life on the edge of a knife. Is there still hope to be found here after all? Or will survival mean savagery?

Not only is this cover fascinating, but I absolutely loved the first book in this series. Laura is a phenomenal writer and really knows how to pull her readers in to her stories. If my reviews of her other work is any indication. Be sure to check out Phantom Universe, too!

Some new reads that I'm looking forward:




Thank you guys again for your support and let me know what's caught your attention! Oh, and I'll be posting the winner of the Starcrossed ARC tomorrow.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails