Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Arclight by Josin L. McQuein

Arclight

Arclight 1

Author: Josin L. McQuein
Pages: 400 pgs
Genre: YA, Sci-Fi, Dystopia
Release Date: April 23rd 2013
Review Source: Publisher

No one crosses the wall of light . . . except for one girl who doesn’t remember who she is, where she came from, or how she survived. A harrowing, powerful debut thriller about finding yourself and protecting your future—no matter how short and uncertain it may be.

The Arclight is the last defense. The Fade can’t get in. Outside the Arclight’s border of high-powered beams is the Dark. And between the Light and the Dark is the Grey, a narrow, barren no-man’s-land. That’s where the rescue team finds Marina, a lone teenage girl with no memory of the horrors she faced or the family she lost. Marina is the only person who has ever survived an encounter with the Fade. She’s the first hope humanity has had in generations, but she could also be the catalyst for their final destruction. Because the Fade will stop at nothing to get her back. Marina knows it. Tobin, who’s determined to take his revenge on the Fade, knows it. Anne-Marie, who just wishes it were all over, knows it.

When one of the Fade infiltrates the Arclight and Marina recognizes it, she will begin to unlock secrets she didn’t even know she had. Who will Marina become? Who can she never be again?

I was greatly intrigued about this book when I first found the description, even more so when I saw the cover. It sounds dark and mysterious, and the light refractions on the cover only add to it. And I'm glad I got to add it to my debut challenge reads.

Josin used light in a very interesting in this book. It was like its own character and helped to create some pretty interesting and intense scenes. I found myself wishing that I could watch some of the scenes up close just so I could see what she was describing.

Marina started off not knowing who she was, almost like a blank slate, and we got to follow her on her journey to find what happened. Though Marina couldn't see it, it was clear that she was different than the others, you just don't know why.

I loved the discovery and the whole new world that was opened up in this debut. I can't wait for more and find out what else is in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails