Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Crossed by Ally Condie

Crossed
Matched 2
Author: Ally Condie 
Pages: 384 pgs
Genre: YA, Dystopian
Release Date: November 1st 2011
Review Source: Goodreads First Reads/Penguin

When I first found out about this trilogy I was very intrigued and couldn't wait to find out if it would live up to the hype. In my opinion, it did, and so much more. And this amazing sequel has just further implemented that for me.

This review is going to be done a little bit differently than what I've written in the past. I'm having a hard time writing my own summary for this without giving too much away. So I'm just going to talk about my thoughts on Crossed.

First off, I loved that we got alternating points of view between Cassia and Ky. In Matched we're introduced to his character, but that part was more about Cassia and her discovering what was right for her and not what the Society told her was right. In Crossed we're able to see Ky in a whole new light and follow his and Cassia's journey. Both separately and together.

I also found it fascinating how Condie was able to incorporate specific poems to fit the story line and growth of her characters. In the society that she created, the only poems they know are the 100 that were picked out for them as well as everything else. But yet there are those that still manage to discover the ones kept from them. And the two main ones that Condie mentions in both Matched and Crossed are essential to the plot and perfect for the story.

There was also so much more going on than we as readers knew and I love how it's slowly being unfolded.

Rebellion, betrayal, secrets.

I am definitely a huge fan of this series and I can't wait for the final book to come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails