Monday, September 16, 2013

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer



Scarlet

The Lunar Chronicles 2

Author: Marissa Meyer 
Pages: 454 pgs
Genre: YA, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Dystopian
Release Date: February 5th 2013
Review Source: Purchased

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.

I was taken by surprise by how much I enjoyed Cinder when I first read it, and with Scarlet I just crossed my fingers that it would be even better. Which it was! I had to slow myself down while reading it so that I didn't finish it too quickly.

The world that Marissa created is so fascinating and fun to get lost in, I can definitely understand why she's called it a space opera now. There's just so much to take in and your left on the edge of your seats wondering just what's going to happen next.

I absolutely loved Scarlet and Wolf. At first I only wanted more of Cinder and that's it, but again Marissa proved me wrong and showed how amazingly their stories intertwine. Especially with Cinder and the Lunar's. And, again, can I say how much I loved Wolf.

We also got to see Cinder in a completely different way. Now that she's no longer impeded by her stepmother, her personality came through a lot more and I realized why I loved her character all over again.

Waiting for the next book, Cress, has felt like forever, but I know that it will totally be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails