Friday, October 19, 2012

Hidden by Sophie Jordan

Hidden

Firelight 3

Author: Sophie Jordan 
Pages: 272 pgs
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Release Date: September 11th 2012
Review Source: HarperTeen

This review will contain spoilers if you haven't read the first two books in the series. 

One of the main things that drew me into this series was Sophie's dragon's. She built such an amazing world with them and created her own unique one's.

Jacinda has to set things right after Cassian's sister, Miram, is captured. With the help of her sister, Will, and Cassian, Jacinda infiltrates herself as a prisoner to help get Miram out and to safety.

But nothing is as easy as it seems. There's no guarantee of them all making it out and as truth's are revealed, everyone is tested. Including Jacinda.

I've loved Jacinda from the very beginning. She's unique even among her pride as a fire draki and is driven by her natural instincts. Though she's expected to be this protected, good little girl among the other draki, Jacinda doesn't accept that. She falls in love and doesn't want anyone else to tell her who she is or what she can do. An amazing character.

Each book has had just a little bit more about the draki world, including new and interesting draki's that weren't mentioned before. Especially in this last one, Sophie introduces a pretty amazing male draki that I'm not entirely sure what kind he is, but I definitely want to know more about. Their lives hidden by the mists, their connection to gems and such, even their training to fly is all stuff that I really enjoyed.

The world of Firelight has so much to it that I'd be happy if it never ended. The fantasy world of the draki, the mystery and adventure for the characters, and the romance between Jacinda and Will. There's just so much there that I'd keep reading, but since it eventually has to end I'm happy that we got just the right one. Sophie gave us conclusions and hope for more without leaving readers disappointed or feeling bittersweet.

Sophie ensured that I'll continue to read more from her with this series and I'm already itching to get my hands on her new book Uninvited. If only I didn't have to wait... 

Sophie Jordan
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails