Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting

The Last Echo
The Body Finder 3

Author: Kimberly Derting
Pages: 358 pgs
Genre: YA, Paranormal
Release Date: April 17th 2012
Review Source: HarperCollins

Have you ever read a book that not only has a fantastic element in it that grabs your attention right away, but also makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside with the romance. That's what this series  did for me, right from the beginning.

Now that Violet's talent for finding the dead is no longer such a secret, she finds herself a part of a group of kids very much like herself with former agent, Sara Priest. Being able to use her gift to help people is what she's always wanted, and with her boyfriend, Jay, by her side she has everything she could want.

But when their latest case, "the girlfriend collector", becomes more dangerous and Violet finds herself in his sights, she has to make a decision. Is continuing with the group really worth it?

One of my favorite things about this particular series is the descriptions of the different echoes. I couldn't imagine having to experience that on a daily basis, but the way that Kim introduces them is amazing. It would seem right that each person and each circumstance would be completely different from the next, and I don't think any two echoes have been the same. Some even come across as creepy, but that just makes it even more fascinating to me.

My other favorite part is the relationship between Violet and Jay. They are absolutely adorable! Now when I mentioned feeling the warm and fuzzy at the romance, this is what I was referring to. Especially in the first book when they were figuring out how the other felt about each other. It took me back to high school and those awkward feelings, not really knowing what to do with them, but they were also new and exciting.

I was beyond thrilled when I learned that Kim was continuing this series and can definitely say that she has me hooked. The ending has left room for more, and from the way it sounds, Violet's world is about to get a lot more complicated. If that's even possible. 

There's one more book left to go after this one is released. And while that makes me sad, I'm also anxious to find out what she has in store (plus she also has book 2 of The Pledge coming out this year). This was a unique find for me and I'm so glad that I did.

This meets the following challenges:



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails