Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day


Since today is St. Patrick's Day, and a Irish holiday/celebration, I thought it would be remiss of me not to put up something.

For anyone who doesn't know, I have a bit of an obsession when it comes to Ireland. Just as I can get with the old Greek legends and myths, that's how I feel about Ireland and the Irish. Anything I discover about the culture, the people, and of course the myths and legends, I want to find. (I have an idea for a book that's Irish themed but *shhh*)

And I thought it would be fun to mention some of my favorite YA books that happen to either be set in Ireland and/or incorporate and Irish myth in it. What do you think? Well then, let's get started.


Not only do the characters eventually make their way to Ireland, but the story also uses myths, AND the author is Irish. Carol Oates is an awesome lady and so sweet. She rest assured that I would try anything she's written after reading this one.






This was an awesome book. I really enjoyed the overall story and the fact that it used a pretty amazing myth. Oh, and from what I've heard, book 2 is also supposed to lead them to their ancestors homeland which is... you guessed it, Ireland.

   




Again, another fun book that uses a pretty interesting myth or legend as it's theme, is set in Ireland, and is written by an Irish author. A triple threat!


Anyone who has read this blog knows how much I adore Maggie Stiefvater. Her writing his gorgeous and she has a way of making the supernatural and these legends seem not only plausible, but real. So, of course I had to choose her book about Irish water horses. It was amazing and a little squiggy at times, but still such a great read. OH and following that note...




These books are based off another Irish legend and Maggie manages to put her own amazing take on it and I just love it! Book 2, The Dream Thieves, is coming out this September!


Okay, so this a list of some of my favorites. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails