Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Destined by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast

Destined
House of Night 9

Author: P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast
Pages: 325 pgs
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal
Release Date: October 25th 2011
Review Source: St. Martin's Press

Warning: This review will contain spoilers if you haven't read the first 8 books in this series. Proceed with caution.

I first started reading this series a few years ago, during my last year of college. There was something about that just sucked me in, and this latest installment has just ensured that statement. I definitely want to know where this is all going.

Returning to the House of Night, Zoe has her Guardian Warrior Stark and the Red Fledgings to help her stand against Neferet. But that's easier said than done when no one seems to realize that Neferet isn't who they all thought she was and tension is mounting at the school.

Not only has Rephaim been given the gift of humanity during the night time, but Neferet has decided to hire humans to work at the House of Night along with the vampyres. Any hope for peace is quickly destroyed; and the strange teenage boy that Neferet has with her seems oddly familiar to Zoe...

The first thing I want to say is... finally! Destined is the book I've been waiting for as far as getting some answers. The story has been awesome so far, but I was getting anxious for something to happen and we finally get a little bit in this book. Not a lot mind you,  but enough that I can't wait for the next one.

Zoe and all of her friends have grown so much since the first book and I've loved watching this journey. They are all what have made this series so enthralling and they go through some major changes in Destined. Even Kalona, big bad immortal and Rephaim's father, completely surprised me in the end. When I finished I just sat there and kept thinking: Seriously! Are you kidding me?

I still don't know just what it is about this series that I absolutely can't not read it, but it's gotten my attention and I am beyond anxious to find out what's in store for the House of Night next!

This book counts toward the following Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails