Saturday, February 16, 2013

Touched by Corrine Jackson

Touched

Sense Thieves 1

Author: Corrine Jackson  
Pages: 343 pgs
Genre: YA, Fantasy 
Release Date: November 27th 2012
Review Source: Kensington

There's only one thing that I want to say right off the bat... I loved this book! It wasn't a debut since Corrine Jackson had another one a few months before this, but it was my first from her and I am hooked.

With just one touch, Remy O'Malley can heal, but there is a price. She takes on the injuries of those she heals, including those her mother received from her abusive stepfather.

Remy finally gets the chance to leave all that behind and live with the father she never really got to know and start fresh. That is until Asher Blackwell comes into the picture. He and his family are Protectors, sworn enemies of Healers like Remy, yet he feels drawn to her. Their connection is undeniable, but will it be enough?

One of my favorite things about this book was the fact that I really didn't know a whole lot about it going in. I had a basic idea of the premise, but other than that I had no idea where the story was headed. That made discovering everything as it unfolded even more exciting.

I also really enjoyed the fact that both Remy and Asher were the "magical being" in the story. It's more common than not to read a story where one or the other character has powers of some sort and the one that doesn't is thrust into this whole new, mind-blowing world. For Remy, she didn't know about the Protectors, but it wasn't such a shock to her to learn about them since she could heal others. Discovering what the other could do and strengthening their powers was just the tip of the iceberg and I enjoyed every second of it.

Corrine did a fabulous job all the way around. The world building, character building, and relationships were done beautifully and I really enjoyed getting to see it all develop. There wasn't an information overload and just enough was revealed to leave readers wanting to know more. I can't even imagine what else will happen, but I know it will be worth the wait.

Waiting for book 2 in the Sense Thieves trilogy, Pushed, is not easy. I finished Touch before the new year and was so sad when I realized how long the wait would be. But, that only builds up the anticipation. I definitely recommend this book and series, and hope you'll join me in waiting for the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails