Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Pandemonium
Delirium 2

Author: Lauren Oliver
Pages: 375 pgs
Genre: YA, Dystopian
Release Date: February 28th 2012
Review Source: Loan

I was lucky enough to have a fellow blogger friend let me borrow her copy of Pandemonium, and I'm so glad that I got a chance to read it. Delirium was fantastic, and this next installment was even more intense and frustrating.

Lena isn't who she once was. The loss of Alex and entering the Wilds on her own has transformed her. Lena fights with the Resistance to bring back a world where love isn't feared.

But Lena's latest mission turns into more than she ever would have imagined. She struggles not only for survival, but also against feelings for someone not very different from how she used to be. Can Lena open up to someone else amidst the fight for more?

Just like the first book, I was hooked into this story from the very beginning. Though the tone for Pandemonium was completely different than in Delirium, it wasn't any less enthralling. Lena went from a girl struggling to accept the feelings she was experiencing to fighting to preserve them and I loved it.

Her world in Portland was dull and constricted. So the freedom in the Wilds was something great to read, even though their lives were even more dangerous. Lauren did a phenomenal job in adding a new dimension to this story, adding growth and change to her main character that her readers will like and understand.

And, hopefully as you can tell, I don't want to give anything away. Especially after the ending, which you can just imagine after reading Delirium. There's so much that takes place, and yet so many questions still left to be answered. I for one can't wait for Requiem and the resolution to this amazing trilogy!

Pandemonium is a heart-stopping thrill ride that I hope you all enjoy as much as I did!

This book counts toward the following Challenges:


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails