Friday, September 9, 2011

Book Signing Fun

On Wednesday there was a book signing at my local indie bookshop. Sophie Jordan, author of the Firelight series, and Tera Lynn Childs, author of the new series Sweet Venom, were both going to be there. And my sister graciously agreed to go with me.

We get to the shop a bit early, to buy the book, and decide to go get some something to drink and hang out a bit before we have to back at the shop. I agree to save us some seats while my sister gets in line to buy our drinks. Now most of the seats are taken and it's either we sit outside or take two recently vacated leather chairs in a little nook and stay in the air conditioning.

I take one of the seats and wait for my sister to come. As I'm sitting there, I notice their are two ladies sitting across from me. The very two ladies that were going to be at the bookshop, signing their new releases! That's right, I was sitting across from Sophie Jordan an Tera Lynn Childs. I'm sure if either of them read this they'll probably laugh, too.

Upon my sisters return I told her (stealthily of course) who was sitting across from us and she was just as surprised as me. We didn't want to disturb them while they were talking, but it was cool to know we'd shown up at the same place they were at. Generally speaking, random things like that don't happen to us. If we're not paying attention or trying, we apparently have good luck!

Anyways, I just thought that was a fun little story to share with you guys. And... I also have a picture (after 2 tries) that I took with Sophie. She's so adorable and sweet and I'm glad I got to meet her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails