Saturday, May 7, 2011

Friday Finds and New Reads

Friday Finds and New Reads
Where I discuss books that I've found that really stood out to me and what new ones I have to read.

This is a little late, but I figure better late than never right. So this week I want to start with a story by Heather Dixon called Entwined:


Summary: Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it. 

The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation. 

Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest. 

But there is a cost. 

The Keeper likes to keep things. 

Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late. 
From the description this sounds a little fantasy and a little mystery, all rolled into one interesting ride. I can't really explain what it is about this that appeals to me, but from what I can tell it sounds like a pretty fun read.

Next we have Juliet Immortal by Stacy Jay

 Summary: "These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume." 


—Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare

The most tragic love story in history . . .

Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love.


Romeo and Juliet in and of itself is a tragedy, but with the twist that Stay Jay has put on it in her story I think it will be even more heart breaking. It sounds dark and mystical and I'm quite intrigued to find out just how she went about this. 


And one of the new reads that I have this week is:




I have some new reviews coming soon, including The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab and Pieces of Us by Hannah Downing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails