Monday, January 27, 2014

If I Should Die by Amy Plum

If I Should Die

Revenants 3

Author: Amy Plum
Pages: 405 pgs
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Release Date: May 7th 2013
Review Source: Published

I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?
After the cliffhanger at the end of Until I Die, book 2, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this final book in the Revenants series. Amy Plum created such a fascinating world and I wanted to know how it was all going to end.

I can say this with certainty... it was worth the wait.

First of all, the relationship between Kate and Vincent was beautiful. From the very beginning they were so sweet and adorable together, and after everything I wanted them to have their happily ever after. Especially with what was to come.

In books 2 and 3 we get a lot more background into the world of the Revenants, which I really enjoyed. There was so much more about them that Kate didn't get to find out in Die For me, and I loved how Amy worked into the story. It wasn't too much, just enough to keep you wanting to know more.

Though I'm so sad that this series and these characters have come to an end, I truly enjoyed the journey it took to get here. The twists in this final book kept the pace just right. Some I had been expecting, or at least hoping for, and others completely through me. But in the end, I think we, and Amy's characters, got just the right conclusion.

Now it's time to wait for Amy's next series and to see what happens there. I don't know about you, but I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails