Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Poison Princess by Kresley Cole

Poison Princess

The Arcana Chronicles 1

Author: Kresley Cole  
Pages: 369 pgs
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Apocalyptic
Release Date: October 2nd 2012
Review Source: Simon and Schuster Publishing

The description is what first drew me in to want to read this, and Kresley did not disappoint with such an interesting premise to her young adult debut.

Evie had the perfect life in her small hometown, at least until she starts having horrifying hallucinations. All she wants to do is put them behind her finish out her senior year, and that's exactly what she's going to do, until her hallucinations come true.

Jackson Deveaux, the new "bad boy" in town, drives her crazy and is the one guy who can keep her safe. As he helps Evie on her search for answers, she discovers there's more happening than she'd ever thought. An ancient prophecy and battle that other teens like her have to face. Who is on the right side?

One of the things that I loved was that this was set in Louisiana and the male lead was a true Cajun boy. It made my day to actually see his true "Cajun speak" after hearing it from my parents and relatives in passing. That really endeared me to him and this story.

I also loved Kresley's take on the tarot cards and how we see them play out with a handful of the characters. If you haven't read it, then I don't want to give anything away, I'll just say that it's definitely set up for more to happen and I'm interested to see how it all plays out.

After the ending, it'll be interesting to see how things progress in the next book. I'm not sure if the whole series will be from Evie's point of view, but I hope that it will because I want to see how she grows and what happens with her and Jackson. Throughout the book they battled each other and assumed that the other had ulterior motives, so I'm crossing my fingers that we'll get to how they change and learn more for the overall story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails