Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

Storm

Elemental 1

Author: Brigid Kemmerer 
Pages: 353 pgs
Genre: YA, Fantasy,
Release Date: April 24th 2012
Review Source: Kensington/Author

There are some books that have characters that just pull you in right away and plots/story elements that make you want to keep reading. This debut had both of those and so much more!

Becca Chandler makes the choice to save Chris Merrick from a terrible beating after school. Her life can't possibly get much worse with the rumors and attention her ex-boyfriend began circulating around the school.

At least, that's what she thinks. Then Becca learns that Chris and his brothers can control the elements. And now that Becca knows, she's in danger right along with them. A storm is coming and they all have to decide what side they are on.

From the very beginning Brigid went right into the action and I was hooked. She didn't hold back even in some rather uncomfortable scenes, really pulling you into the world that she created. I absolutely loved that! Any author can kill off certain characters or create a love triangle, but I loved how Brigid managed to pull me into the thick of it and feel what her characters were feeling.

Not only is the overall world pretty cool, but so are the characters. I felt like I really got to know both of the main characters, Becca and Chris, and loved reading their points of view. Brigid gave us characters that we could root for and relate to. Even though I'm not a teenager anymore, I could remember those feelings of not fitting in and butterflies in the stomach that were so adequately described.

She also gave us a pretty fascinating story plot that had me guessing until the end. A little bit was revealed along the way which, at least for me, kept me interested and eager to find out what was going on. Brigid's elemental's were so unique and fascinating, I didn't want the story to end. I loved her take on them.

I'm doing my best not give anything away because, even though the book is out, I'm sure there are plenty who haven't had a chance to read it yet and I don't want to spoil it for anyone. And book 2, Spark, is officially out today. I for one can't wait to continue the journey!


Brigid Kemmerer

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails