Monday, June 18, 2012

Timepiece by Myra McEntire

Timepiece
Hourglass 2

Author: Myra McEntire 
Pages: 336 pgs
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Science Fiction
Release Date: June 12th 2012
Review Source: NetGalley

It took me quite a while to finally be able to read the first book in this series, and I fell in love with it. Well, when I found out that book 2 was coming out I was beyond excited to get my hands on it. Myra has completely won me over!

Things for those in the Hourglass organization are starting to change. Especially for Kaleb Ballard when he starts seeing time-travelers. He doesn't know what to do.

In one fell swoop everything goes haywire. Jack Landers, the man who tried to kill Kaleb's father, shows back up. Then the Hourglass receives an ultimatum from a dangerous group. If they can't stop Jack it could have devastating consequences for everyone.

Okay, I'll admit that at first I was a little skeptical that Timepiece was going to be in a different point of view. BUT, my mind was changed the second I started reading it. I absolutely loved Kaleb's character and wanted to keep reading him. We only get a little bit of him in Hourglass, but he comes back with a vengeance in the sequel. There's so much more to Kaleb then we originally get to see and I only wish we got more!

Things are starting to heat up in this interesting world that Myra's created. We are introduced to some of it in Hourglass and finally learn some of Jack's motives in this sequel. It's only bound to get crazier from here and I can't wait. Each power or gift is time related and I love how it's weaved into the storyline and the time continuum.

Kaleb's piece of the story in this series was just perfect and made me love him just a little bit more. He was strong to start out with, but had to find his motivation to really see beyond himself. I'm so glad that I finally got the chance to read this and am excited to see what else Myra has in store of us and her characters!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails