Saturday, June 2, 2012

Dreamless by Josephine Angelini

Dreamless
Starcrossed 2

Author: Josephine Angelini
Pages: 487 pgs
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Release Date: May 29th 2012
Review Source: HarperTeen

Josie won me over with Starcrossed and has made an even bigger fan out of me with Dreamless. Greek mythology is possibly my favorite to read about, and the world she's created with it is just phenomenal.

As the Descender, Helen spends night after trudging through the Underworld, trying to find answers. Each day is a struggle when she returns, and with Lucas no longer in her life, making it through is even more difficult.

With the help of a new Scion, Orion, Helen finds her treks through the Underworld a little easier. Only, chaos is slowly taking over Nantucket, and the Furies cries are only adding to it. As time begins to run out, Helen, Orion, and the Delos' endeavor to stop the ancient battle. Will they be too late?

One of my favorite things about the world in this series is the beautiful character building and relationships. Not only does Josie weave an incredible story, but she also pulls you in to her characters lives. I felt like I was really able to connect with them throughout the story. I cried when they cried and I hurt when they hurt.

As you guys know, I absolutely love Greek mythology. It's just so fascinating to learn about new legends and players from that world. And the fact that Josie introduced even more gods and characters from those famous legends made this book even more wonderful for me. I even discovered a few that I wanted to do some more research on.

I don't want to give anything away, but so much happened in this book, especially in regards to Helen and Lucas, and I can't wait to find out what happens next. The build up of character interactions and introductions of new characters have only added to the intensity of the story. What Josie has in store for everybody in Goddess, book 3, is sure to be amazing and heart wrenching. Things have been set up to lead into the conclusion and I have a feeling I'll be on pins and needles until then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails