Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Finds and New Reads

Friday Finds and New Reads

This is where I talk about new books that really stand out to me or sound unique, and what new books I have to read or will be getting soon.

There are so many amazing books coming out that it's difficult to choose just a few, but I've found some great ones to share with you this week.

First up we have Ironskin by Tina Connoly:







Summary: Jane Eliot wears an iron mask.

It's the only way to contain the fey curse that scars her cheek. The Great War is five years gone, but its scattered victims remain -- the ironskin.

Now Jane returns to the war-torn country to help a fey-cursed child. Helping the unruly Dorie suppress her curse is hard enough -- she certainly didn't expect to fall for the girl's father, the enigmatic artist Mr. Rochart. But her blossoming crush is stifled by her own scars, and by his parade of women. Ugly women, who enter his closed studio -- and come out as beautiful as the fey.

Jane knows he cannot love her, just as she knows that she must wear iron for the rest of her life. But what if neither of these things are true? Step by step Jane must unlock the secrets of her new life -- and discover just how far she will go to become whole again.


Not only does this sound like a fascinating retelling of Jane Eyre, but it also has some fantasy elements that have pulled me in. Faerie stories haven't always been my favorites, but I'm finding more and more that sound so good, this one included. And this cover has absolutely sealed the deal for me to want to read this!


Next up we have Renegade by J. A. Souders:




Summary: Since the age of three, sixteen-year-old Evelyn Winters has been trained to be Daughter of the People in the underwater utopia known as Elysium. Selected from hundreds of children for her ideal genes all her life she’s thought that everything was perfect; her world. Her people. The Law.


But when Gavin Hunter, a Surface Dweller, accidentally stumbles into their secluded little world, she’s forced to come to a startling realization: everything she knows is a lie. Her memories have been altered. Her mind and body aren’t under her own control. And the person she knows as Mother is a monster.

Together with Gavin she plans her escape, only to learn that her own mind is a ticking time bomb... and Mother has one last secret that will destroy them all.


From the moment I read this description I knew that I had to read this. It sounded intriguing and exciting and just right up my alley. And now with this gorgeous new cover I'm just itching to get an ARC. 


And now for some New Reads that I've gotten in:


  


To add to this as well, what do I have coming up of for review:

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Destined by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast

The Pledge by Kimberly Derting

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails