Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence
Hush, Hush 3
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick 
Pages: 438 pgs
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Release Date:October 4th 2011
Review Source: Purchased

I was so excited to read this when it was first announce. Not only does it have a gorgeous cover, but the premise also sounded fascinating. Plus, just before the release Becca announced that there was going to be one more book in the series! And this certainly did not disappoint.

When Nora is discovered in a cemetery after being missing for two months, she realizes that she has no memory of the past five. Everything that's happened is suddenly gone and she has to struggle to put it back together.

Her mother and best friend just want to protect, but Nora wants the truth. And she only has her instincts to rely on. When she meets Jev, a boy she feels a strong connection to, things will finally begin to make sense, but will she ever be safe again?

I can't explain what it is about this series that I enjoy so much, but there's just so much more to it than I could have guessed. And when Nora's memory was wiped for this particular book, I knew that it was going to make it even more intriguing. Nora had to rediscover things she'd figured out in the first two books and fall in love again.

Anyone who's read Hush, Hush and Crescendo would have immediately known who Jev was when he entered this book, but that just made it even more exciting. Nora was at even more of a disadvantage this time around because of her memory loss and she didn't let it stop her.

And let me just say that Patch was even dreamier this time around. He gave me a reason to actually like his character!

So now I'm going to quietly twiddle my thumbs and wait patiently (or not so patiently) for the fourth book in this series. What happened in Silence, I don't want to give away, but it all leads up to what the fourth should be about, and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails