Friday, December 10, 2010

Mailbox Surprises

So, this week was a pretty nice week for me. I got some great books in that I can't wait to get started on. First, Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead was released this week, the last book in her Vampire Academy series.


I fell in love with this series from the beginning. Her unique take on the vampire world was wonderfully thought out and the main character, Rose Hathaway, is one tough chick. She's sarcastic and smart and very too the point, I love her. Even though it's sad that this series is coming to an end, I know that Richelle will give it the ending it deserves (plus she's doing a spin off series with the characters from the Vampire Academy world *squee*).

Matched by Ally Condie came in the mail for me over the weekend and I couldn't wait to get started on this book. It's a dystopian series, but definitely different than say the Hunger Games (which was a fantastic book by the way, just a different society and dynamic set up).


This cover is brilliant and I've already fallen in love with this book. There's so much about it that just draws you in and I know the rest of it is going to be even better (can't wait for books 2 and 3)!

The second book in Laura Kreitzer's Timeless series also arrived in the mail for me this week and I am so excited to get started on it.


Not only is Laura a fantastic story teller, but her characters are also fascinating and so much fun to read. I hated reaching the end of Shadow of the Sun and can't wait to read the next step in Gabriella's journey.

Lastly, I got a few ARCs in from HarperTeen that I've been itching to get my hands on, so thank you guys for passing them on to me and giving me the chance to read them.


Unearthly by Cynthia Hand sounded so cute from the summary (and apparently I'm on an angels kick right now, so why not). I know this one will be great!

Delirium by Lauren Oliver is another dystopian type of story that sounded so intriguing, I couldn't not want to read it. The cure for falling in love. Yep, I definitely can't wait to read this one.



And Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr. Okay, I had the privilege of meeting Melissa at the Chicks Kick It Tour and she is quite possibly the sweetest person on the planet. She was so encouraging and adorable, it's a joy to be able to read this book in her Faeries series (Wickedly Lovely is the first). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails