Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.
(Coming December 2014)
Love, vengeance, and greed spark a deadly quest for magic in the third book of the Falling Kingdoms series

Prince Magnus has just witnessed torture, death, and miracles during the bloody confrontation that decimated the rebel forces. Now he must choose between family and justice as his father, the cruel King Gaius, sets out to conquer all of Mytica. All Gaius needs now are the Kindred—the four elemental crystals that give godlike powers to their owner. But the King of Blood is not the only one hunting for this ancient, storied magic. . . .

THE KRAESHIANS join the hunt. Ashur and Amara, the royal siblings from the wealthy kingdom across the Silver Sea, charm and manipulate their way to the Kindred, proving to be more ruthless than perhaps even the King of Blood himself.

THE REBELS forge ahead. Princess Cleo and vengeful Jonas lead them, slaying with sweetness, skill, and a secret that can control Lucia’s overpowering magic—all so they can use the Kindred to win back their fallen kingdoms.

THE WATCHERS follow Melenia out of the Sanctuary. They ally in the flesh with King Gaius, who vows to use Lucia’s powers to unveil the Kindred.
The only certainty in these dark times is that whoever finds the magic first will control the fate of Mytica. . . . but the four element gods of the Kindred have other plans.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20821149-gathering-darkness
Not only are each of the covers for this series gorgeous, but I am also hooked on the amazing world Morgan Rhodes has created. Betrayal, magic, war, intrigue... she gives a little bit of everything in such an amazing world. I definitely can't wait for more!
 What are you waiting on?  

5 comments:

  1. Yes! So excited! Although I've only read the first one I plan to catch up soon to be read for this one!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so have this one on my wish list as well. The first two books were amazing. I can't wait to see what happens in this installment. The cover is beautiful. Great WoW pick.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I need to read more books like these. Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a copy of the first one in this series, but I still haven't gotten around to reading it, lol! Sounds really good, though, perhaps I will have to sneak in some time between other reads! Hope you enjoy it!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Falling Kingdoms series is on my TBR pile. I'll get around to reading it soon!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails