Monday, February 3, 2014

Cress by Marissa Meyer


Cress

Lunar Chronicles 3

Author: Marissa Meyer
Pages: 550 pgs
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Release Date: February 4th 2014
Review Source: Publisher

Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.

I was lucky enough to have won an ARC of this in a giveaway from the publisher, and in my opinion I think it was the best yet!

From the very beginning I absolutely adored Cress. Her hacking skills were unmatched and though she was alone on her satellite, she found a way to keep herself active and occupied.  I loved getting her perspective and watching her story unfold. And, we also got to learn more about Captain Thorne, who took me by surprise I must say.

Marissa has done a fabulous job of bringing not only this world to life, but also unfolding each knew character that's introduced. I can truly see now why she's called it a space opera. All the different characters and personalities bring so much to the story.

We also get a little sneak peak into who will join this crew in the last book, Winter. If Cress is any indication, I know that Winter will be absolutely fabulous. Though I'll be sad that this amazing series will come to an end next year, I definitely can't wait for the continuation and to meet Winter.

Are you excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails