Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fighting Fate by Linda Kage


Thanks to AToMR for hosting this tour. Go HERE for the rest of the schedule. 

Fighting Fate

Granton University 1

Author: Linda Kage
Pages: 286 pgs
Genre: NA, Romance, Contemporary
Release Date: July 16th 2013
Review Source: Publisher

 *New Adult Romance*
**Minor explicit scenes and language**

Forgiving your brother's murderer may be noble, but falling in love with him borders on betrayal.

When Paige Zukowski enrolls at Granton University in honor of her dead brother, she has no idea fate will land her on the same campus with the very guy who killed him. But Logan Xander isn't quite the murderer she's always believed him to be.

A day hasn't passed since the tragedy that Logan doesn't wish he could go back and undo everything. It doesn't take Paige long to realize he's suffered as much as she has. Forgiving him for ruining her life might not be so impossible after all. But when she actually starts to like him and realizes he likes her in return, their true anguish begins.
Like most of the more contemporary stories I've been reading lately, I really didn't know what to expect with this one. The description, while setting the stage, really doesn't give this novel, or the author, justice. I am so glad that I gave this one a chance.

Linda dealt with some pretty tough issues in her debut novel. I enjoyed the fact that none of it was glossed over or pushed aside as though it didn't matter. In fact, nearly the entire time I read this I was either crying or tearing up. It was almost impossible to clearly read some of this pages, but I managed to make it through. It was worth it.

Paige and Logan were the main characters, and we got to hear from both of them in alternating points of view. Linda did a beautiful job of showing their struggles and how hard they worked to get past what had happened to them.. I loved their journey's, being able to watch them grow throughout and hated that it had to come to an end.

I can't even imagine what will be in store for us in book 2, but I can say that I'm looking forward to finding out.

1 comment:

  1. "The description, while setting the stage, really doesn't give this novel, or the author, justice. I am so glad that I gave this one a chance." You might be interested in Price of a Kiss by this author as well since you enjoyed this one. Thank you for participating in the tour.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails