Saturday, June 22, 2013

Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

Finale

Hush, Hush 4

Author: Becca Fitzpatrick 
Pages: 454 pgs
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Release Date: October 3rd 2012
Review Source: Purchase/Simon and Schuster

Will love conquer all?

Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.

Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside. Nora will convince the Nephilim that they are making a mistake in fighting the fallen angels, and Patch will find out everything he can from the opposing side. They will end this war before it can even begin.

But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.

As the battle lines are drawn, Nora and Patch must confront the differences that have always been between them and either choose to ignore them or let them destroy the love they have always fought for.
Let me start off by saying that this was probably my favorite book in the series. Not only is the cover gorgeous, like all of them have been, but I absolutely loved everything about the ending of this series and that not everything was tied up in a neat little bow.

What made me even more excited to read this was the fact that Becca came to my favorite little bookshop on her tour so I got to meet her and get my books signed which was incredible! It gave me a little more insight into the characters she created and what made her decide on this particular world.

Anyways, at this point so much has happened for Nora and Patch. Ups and downs as a couple as well as individually and they've gotten to a pretty good place because of it all. But they still have a big hurtle to get over before things can settle down. And, as always, nothing for them will come easy.

I love how strong their relationship is, but there's still room to grow. They love and trust each other, but Becca pushes them even further so they truly rely on one another. I think that was one of my favorite parts of this book.

This also had an ending, or conclusion, that I felt fit the book perfectly. There were still a few things left open that you don't know the answers to, just as the characters don't, but it doesn't take away from anything. The possibility of how it all works out is left up to the reader in a way, while the battle and the main story of the series was resolved.

While I'm sad to see this series and these characters go, I loved how everything ended. I can't wait to read more from Becca and explore different worlds that she creates.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely agree! I loved how the series ended, and I was happy that Patch and Nora got their HEA. (I'm a sucker for them)

    - Tabitha @ Tabitha's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails