Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

The Golden Lily

Bloodlines 2

Author: Richelle Mead  
Pages: 418 pgs
Genre: YA, Fantasy, 
Release Date: June 12th 2012
Review Source: Purchased

Richelle Mead has completely won me over with this spin-off series. Some new and old characters, different plot twists and adventures, it's even better than Vampire Academy!

As an alchemist, Sydney Sage has had certain beliefs and lessons instilled in her since a young age. Beliefs that she's now beginning to question as she grows closer to the vampires she was sent to work with: Jill, Eddie, and Adrian.

Not only does Sydney discover that her blood might hold the key to preventing Strigoi, but she also finds herself navigating the world of dating and discovering a secret so well kept that it nearly shatters everything she's come to believe as an alchemist. Who can she trust?

I absolutely love Sydney's character voice. She's incredibly intelligent when it comes the world of academics and such, but when it comes to dealing with people she's a bit clueless. Dating, understanding boys, figuring out peoples motives. But that's what I love about her. She finally experiences the things she was prevented from growing up and tries to fit them in to her world of facts and experiments.

The story line is also superb. Some things I can kind of guess at, but then the main thing usually takes me completely by surprise. I love that combination and Richelle does an amazing job of bringing them together, with just the perfect mix of humor. There's so much in that world and I can't even imagine what all she's going to come up with for it.

Oh, and just to change things up a bit, I'll tell you something from the signing I went to for Richelle Mead. Generally author's will read a few pages or so from their book at a signing, usually before they answer questions. Richelle read from a section where Sydney and Adrian went to a defense class and met the instructor they were going to be working with. After hearing her read it out loud, I knew that I was going to love the book.

I know it's not a long wait now, but now I'm going to try and wait as patiently as I can for the next book in this series The Indigo Spell. And just to make me even more excited, book number four The Fiery Heart comes out this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails