Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis

Glimmer

Author: Phoebe Kitanidis
Pages: 352 pgs
Genre: YA, Paranormal
Release Date: April 17th 2012
Review Source: HarperCollins

The description for this alone is what intrigued me to read it and I'm glad that I did. The world Phoebe created was one of mystery and intrigue and lets just say it... amnesia.

Marshall King and Elyse Alton wake up together with absolutely no memory of who they are or how they got there. As they work together to figure out just what's going on, the more freaked out they become.

The small town they wake up in, Summer Falls, just keeps getting stranger and stranger. Not only are there ghosts roaming around, but no one can seem to remember anything bad that happens to them. They just disappear. Can Marshall and Elyse stop what's happening before it's too late, for the rest of the town... and for them?

Like the two main characters you have absolutely no idea what's going on, but I think that makes it even more fun to read. You want to figure it out. I had a difficult time putting this book down because I just wanted to keep going. The mystery and the secrets are just the beginning.

Marshall and Elyse purely on instinct throughout the book. Since they have no memories and aren't sure who to trust besides themselves, there's not really much else they can do. And as they peel back another layer and learn more about what's going on, the more it changes who they think they are. They change and grow as characters, which is interesting and difficult to do from this set up.

I can honestly say that I had no idea where this was all headed, and the build up kept me guessing the entire time. I don't want to give any of it away, but I will say that I wasn't disappointed. This is a standalone, and though I can see there possibly being more stories from it, I liked the way it ended (which is a little rare for me).

To learn more about this author you can check out her website http://www.phoebekitanidis.com/ or follow her on Twitter http://twitter.com/phoebekitanidis.

This meets the following challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails