Saturday, June 11, 2011

Friday Finds and New Reads

Friday Finds and New Reads
This is where I talk about new books that really stand out to me or sound unique, and what new books I have to read or will be getting soon.
 
My pick this week doesn't have a cover yet, but I don't think that will detract from the story line. So first off we have Bandia by Talia Vance:
 
Summary: Beauty is pointless when no one’s looking.

Brianna Paxton has been invisible to guys since the eighth grade. She’s pretty enough, it’s just that no one bothers to look. There’s almost nothing that can’t be explained with science, and Brianna has a theory: she’s missing the pheromone that attracts people to one another. Brianna’s theory is shot to hell in one frozen, silver moment, when Blake Williams not only sees her, he recognizes something inside her that she’s been hiding from even herself.

Brianna is a seventh generation descendant of Danu, the legendary Bandia of Celtic myth. Before Brianna fully understands who and what she is, she accidentally binds her soul to Blake. Worse yet, Blake belongs to a tribe of men who have spent the last thousand years hunting Danu’s descendants in the name of protecting humanity.

Brianna grows close to Blake, but she’s not sure she can trust him. Brianna must find a way to reconcile forbidden love and her bloody heritage. The more she understands what being a Bandia means, the less she can trust herself. There is nothing pointless about Brianna. And Blake may be in the most danger of all.


It's no secret that I love anything that explores myths and legends and when I saw that this one was about and ancient Celtic myth I was totally on bored. It sounds intriguing and exciting. Who doesn't love a story about forbidden romance? There are so many new fascinating YA books coming out!


The new reads that I've gotten in are:  








 

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved I am Number Four! It was so good. I would like to see the movie, but haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Beauty is pointless when no one’s looking." Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails