Friday, January 28, 2011

My Favorites of 2010

This is coming out a little late (...okay a lot late), but I wanted to take my time and think about this before I posted. I didn't really get into books until the past couple of years or so. For me, when I was growing there wasn't the option of such diverse and well written books as there is now. So I am even more amazed at what I've been able to discover.

And, during 2010 I came across some pretty incredible finds. Let's get started:

10.Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

9. White Cat by Holly Black

8. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

7. Torment by Lauren Kate

6. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

5. Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

4. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

3. Shadow of the Sun by Laura Kreitzer

2. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

1. Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Each of these books was remarkable in their own way and left me wanting to read more by the end. There were definitely others that I wanted to add to this list that haven't yet been released, but they can just make it for the 2011 one.

These books and authors have also helped to inspire me in my own writing. I never thought that some I wrote could ever be published, but everyday I'm discovering that it is possible and there are so many fabulous women who have made it. So thank you to them.

Now, let me know what your favorite picks were for 2010. Did any of them inspire you? Leave me a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails